23 January 2022

Season of the Witch VHS issued in France by label Metropole Home Video in 1985

"Witch: Malédiction" SECAM VHS. Black clamshell. French dub.

I first had the chance to watch the French version of Season of the Witch last year. I don't think I've ever seen this mentioned before but just like Wampyr, the Italian cut of Martin, Witch: Malédiction is re-edited and also features a different soundtrack on some occasions. The fact that Fabio Frizzi's Verso l'ignoto, The Beyond's (1981) main theme was used suggests that Season of the Witch was released in France sometime after 1981. I have professionally recreated this French cut using the 2017 Arrow Video Blu-ray release of Season of the Witch. Please contact me for more information on this.

From my personal collection.

(Click on the pictures to review them in their native resolution.)







To quote this article

Danny Duchesneau@2022, "Season of the Witch VHS issued in France by label Metropole Home Video in 1985", George A. Romero Collector's Blog, published on 23 January 2022.